What is MyBnk?
MyBnk is an award-winning UK charity that teaches young people how to manage their money and set up their own enterprise. We design and deliver programmes for 11-25 year olds in schools and youth organisations.
Our Mission is: To empower young people to take charge of their future by bringing money and enterprise to life.
- #YouthAtTheHeart of @MyBnk, why do we do it? – It’s all about the young people #obvs.
- #Impact @MyBnk, always delivering the best possible outcomes for young people #quality.
- #LaughAsYouLearn @MyBnk bringing money & enterprise to life for young people, staying fresh, focused and fun.
- #Driven @MyBnk, being relentless in the pursuit of our mission #pacesetting.
- #StraightUp @MyBnk, telling it how it really is – helping young people make informed decisions.
Together with young people, we have created innovative, high impact and high energy workshops on topics such as saving, budgeting, public finance, social enterprise and start-up entrepreneurship. We formed the first ever independent online and in-school youth-led saving and lending banking scheme, MyBnk-in-a-Box.
MyBnk’s experts deliver practical enterprise experiences by giving young people access to interest-free loans and market places to set up their own initiatives. We also deliver the face-to-face side of the Money Advice Service and provide financial literacy and social enterprise education with the National Citizens Service.
Our team is made up of teachers, youth workers and people who have worked in the financial sector.
Since 2007, we have helped over 135,000 young people in more than 700 schools and youth organisations learn to manage money and start their own enterprises. Our programmes are now being replicated nationally and internationally.