Join the Young Global Leaders of the World Economic Forum in association with MyBnk and Child & Youth Finance International in teaching young people how to manage their money for Learn Money Week 2014!
From March 10-17 we will arm young people with the skills, knowledge and confidence to start learning about money, ultimately setting them up for a better life.
Take part in our A to Z of Money competition to try and win an iPad and £1,000 worth of free financial education programmes for you school!*
- Right click, save it, print it!
- Choose a letter! Get creative with a money slogan, mantra, tip, image or photo
- Tweet it! #LMW2014
The competition closes on the 17th March.
Want some help? Get in touch.
We have also created downloadable lesson plans and games that you can deliver to young people in your community. Reach out to your children, young people and help them become super savers, savvy spenders and responsible borrowers. You can do it as individuals or as part of your company’s volunteering activities.
The website features:
- A primary lesson plan for young people aged 9-14 that teaches them to set personal goals and to differentiate between spending, saving, donating and investing their money.
- A secondary lesson plan for young people aged 11-16 that explores saving and borrowing, explains the concept of interest and the simple flow of money in the banking system. This lesson plan includes a colourful powerpoint, fun resources and games to liven up the session.
- A Money Marathon board game for those of you that do not have time to deliver a lesson plan. You can download the Money Marathon board game to play with your children at home.
For more info email: email@example.com.