Enterprise Education: Business Battle
From drawing board to market in one week. Young people create, implement and evaluate their own business in a competitive environment using real money in a real marketplace.
Format: 5 x 2 hour workshops and a live market place day.
Target Group: 13-21 year olds.
Group Size: 6-15 young people.Request a session
Young people team up to create a business in a week – designing, developing and selling their service or product at a real life market place in our out of school enterprise education programme.
1. Ideas generation – An introduction that inspires young people to generate their own ideas, considering the target audience’s wants and needs.
2. Product design, budget and costs – Young people refine their ideas into a final ‘design’, and then research suppliers to create a materials list within their set budget of £40.
3. Logistics and production – Utilising each member’s strengths, teams delegate tasks to create their product / service ready for the market place.
4. Pricing and marketing – Evaluating the production process, pricing structures are decided, as well as a marketing strategy to attract and sell to customers.
5. Sell, sell, sell! – Teams attend a pre-designated market place to advertise and sell the designed products or services to a real customer audience.
6. Reflection – a practical evaluation activity is run. Winners are announced and prizes handed out.
Against the clock, with prizes and profit at stake for those who shine, all participants must collaborate to make their project a success. The battle encourages teamwork and rewards initiative, whilst working under pressure.
Participants in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea’s Summer Uni 4U programme had the chance to flex their business muscles and enjoyed the opportunity to turn their ideas into reality. Julius, 15, said:
“The Battle helped me develop business skills that will hopefully help me achieve my dream of starting up a record label”.
MyBnk Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and changes made to scheduled deliveries incur costs to MyBnk. Any changes made less than two weeks in advance will result in a £100 or, if less than three working days, £250 charge per MyBnk trainer. Full Terms & Conditions here.