Enterprise Education – Mind Your Own Business
A unique accredited programme where young people will gain hands on experience of developing an idea from conception to marketplace. Read more
Format: One week full time + a half day review, including trips and a live market place day.
Target Group: 16-25 year olds.
Group Size: 8- 12 young people.Request a session
Budgeting with real money, working with industry experts and selling to real customers brings enterprise to life in a supportive environment designed to dramatically enhance participants’ confidence and prepare them for work.
- Selling challenge – Young people kick-start the week with a challenge to sell ethical products to real customers.
- Interest free loan – Young people access £40 to develop their own business ideas to take to a live community marketplace.
- Enterprise knowledge – Throughout the week, young people learn about business topics such as target market, USP, pricing, profit, marketing, production and social enterprise
- Employability skills – A host of skills are developed such as presentation, customer service, team working, decision making, time management as well as building confidence.
- Industry involvement – Young people are exposed to the real world of work through an industry site visit and / or masterclass with employee mentoring and feedback.
- Reflection – Pushing boundaries, self-awareness and reflection form the building blocks of the week. We review how they’ve developed, and reflecting on how taking on new challenges will help them move forward.
Accreditation: ABC Level 1, Employability through Enterprise.
Students, referred by the job centre on an employability short course, took their ideas to market in Hitchin. One participant, Dan, went on to get a job as an apprentice.
“MyBnk have had a massive impact on me as a person and on my life. They helped me to sell myself in interviews, they taught me business skills and most importantly, to have confidence.” Dan, 22, North Hertfordshire College.