Fundraise for MyBnk
You can do it!
Fundraise for MyBnk and help us to provide vital financial education for young people. There are LOTS of ways to get involved.
We will help you every step of the way with fundraising ideas, materials and promotion on our social media channels.
Fundraising ideas and inspiration
Sporting events – Get fit, have fun and make a difference by taking a place on one of our sporting events. Find out more here.
Plan your own event – Whatever you have in mind, we can help you have fun and make your event a success!
To get you started, here are some helpful pointers:
1. Decide what to do – Choose what fundraising activity you’d like to do then let us know by emailing the team at email@example.com.
2. Set a date – Decide when and where your fundraising will take place. Always have a Plan B, just in case something changes at the last minute.
3. Set yourself a fundraising target – Let everyone know how much you want to raise. We can provide you with information on how your support makes a difference to young people.
4. Set up a Virgin Money Giving page – It only takes a few minutes to set up a Virgin Money Giving page and it’s quick and easy to share with friends directly and on social media. The money donated will come directly to us, so you don’t have to worry about sending it!
5. Spread the word – Tell all your friends, family and colleagues about your fundraising to help you reach your target. Get in touch and we’ll help you promote your event on our social medial channels.
6. Have fun – Enjoy your fundraising; spending time with your friends, family and colleagues and feel good about all your hard work.
7. Pay in your money – Count up all the money you’ve raised and collect any sponsorship. Remember to say a big thank you to all your supporters and pay in the money you’ve raised.
8. Let us know how it went –Please take lots of photos and send them to us – we love to see what you’ve achieved.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Pub Quiz – Everyone loves a pub quiz, but why not add a twist and include some MyBnk trivia….. “What is the minimum wage for UK adults aged 21yrs?” (£7.05)….. “What is the world’s most expensive football worth, in dollars?” ($2.5 million) .
- Give It Up – Challenge yourself to give up your favourite thing for a month! Take the Demotivator test to see how much you could save and then pledge the saving to MyBnk.
Download our fundraising guide for more ideas and inspiration to make your event a success.
- Prudential Ride London – Want to follow in the footsteps of Bradley Wiggins? Sign up for the Prudential Ride London and cycle the London Olympics 100 mile route. MyBnk has places up for grabs so get in touch if you’re keen.
- Virtual Row/Cycle/Run – As a team row, cycle or run the distance from London to Afghanistan and back, without even leaving the gym!
Other ways to make a difference
If you don’t have much time on your hands but still want to help, here are a couple of ideas how you can support us:
Spring Clean with eBay! – Time to de-clutter your home? Why not sell those unwanted items on eBay and donate some of the proceeds to MyBnk! eBay make it really easy through their eBay for Charity programme.
Recycle for MyBnk – Recycle your old mobile phones and printer cartridges through Reclaim IT. Just select MyBnk as your chosen charity, it’s as easy as that.
Scrap your old car – Turn your old car into cash for MyBnk. Give a Car arrange free collection, then either sell your car at auction or scrap it with the proceeds raised going to MyBnk.
Donate from the comfort of your home – shop online using the Give as you Live website and a percentage of your spending will be donated to MyBnk at no cost to you.
Payroll Giving – Speak to your employer to arrange for regular donations to be made directly from your salary before tax.
It is easy to donate
Just set up your own bespoke Virgin Money Giving page here or collect the donations and send a cheque payable to ‘MyBnk’ to:
MyBnk, 5-15 Cromer St, London WC1H 8LS.
For further inspiration and support with your fundraising please call on 020 3581 9920 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.