Consultation & Collaboration, so far…
As well as training national social franchises to deliver our programmes, MyBnk has a proven track record of training international organisations to bring our award winning workshops to more young people.
See how we can help you deliver award winning financial education and enterprise programmes and become: Powered By MyBnk.
- UK – Building Societies Association. MyBnk examined the effectiveness and scale of the youth financial education efforts of 44 building societies and two credit unions. We also produced a road map to improve provision. See the Executive Summary, here.
- Wales – Merthyr Tydfil Borough Credit Union (MTBCU). MTBCU was embarking on a Welsh Government financial literacy project – Schools Saving and approached MyBnk in helping design their 2CUSave direct delivery initiative. Four members of staff came to MyBnk HQ and were trained in the core subject knowledge of our Money Twist and Uni Dosh workshops. They have since adapted the programmes to be ‘Inspired by MyBnk’ and delivered as a one year pilot into South West Wales, targeting around 300 young people. We have also trained staff from Principality Building Society and Cardiff and Vale College to deliver Money Twist KS5 which they are rolling out to students in the College and secondary schools in Cardiff.
- Brunei – Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad (BIBD) is Brunei’s largest bank. They sent four trainers to London for six days of intensive training in Money Twist and MyBnk-in-a-Box. They are now running a pilot to three schools in Brunei, reaching 300 people, with a view to rolling the programmes out to all school age children in the country.
- Italy – Sbankiamo, our first international consultancy partner came to London and were trained in all of our financial education programmes, which they then adapted to create tailored “Inspired by MyBnk” workshops. Following the success of pilots they returned for training to extend their offering to include our enterprise programmes. They have reached over 6,000 young people so far.
- Uganda – For the first time, MyBnk travelled abroad training staff in an organisation’s host nation. Our Education Director, Sharan Jaswal worked with the Private Education Development Network (PEDN) to create “Inspired by MyBnk” programmes. The training included adapting MyBnk curriculum for a local context, training trainers and delivery of pilot programmes. They have since rolled the programme out to primary and secondary schools in and around the Kampala region, and in two terms reached 1,000 young people across 20 schools.
- France – MyBnk trained eight staff from Yes Akademia (formerly Global Potential in France) to deliver our Money Works and Business Battle programmes to vulnerable young people in Senegal. We trained them in the core subject knowledge and delivery methodology of our main out of school financial education and enterprise programmes; Money Works and Business Battle for 11-23 year olds. Hundreds of young people are now benefiting from money lessons and thanks to a license fee, Global Potential are training more of their staff to roll the programmes out to Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Since 2015, they have reached over 200 young people. The local Youth Community in Nianiae has also decided to use the model of Business Battle as a way of generating funds to build a community library.
- Turkey – Staff from the charity Foder and BRSA (Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency) were trained in our debt intervention programme, Money Works, flagship financial education programme Money Twist and pre-university finance workshop, Uni Dosh. Both organisations will work together to adapt the resources for Turkey with an aim of reaching nearly 7,000 young people in 18 months before rolling out across the country.
- Ghana – Prudential PLC approached MyBnk to develop a financial education curriculum for a corporate scholarship scheme in Ghana – delivered by PLAN International and local Prudential staff volunteers. MyBnk liaised with both organisations in creation of the programme, as well as local youth to create content and case studies. The result was ‘My Money’ – a set of three workshops designed to give young people the tools they need to manage their money effectively now and into adult life.
- Lebanon, Vietnam & Guatemala– MyBnk ‘Culture Carriers’ have delivered workshops in refugee camps, schools and youth organisations across the world! We have reached hundreds of young people with our programmes and taster sessions and are looking for partners on the ground to help establish our work there.
- UK – MyBnk developed the curriculum for a £1 million Big Lottery project with Hyde Housing Association in Greenwich. ‘The Money House’ is a simulated independent living project. After the programme, the average rent arrears of attendees (£78) was significantly lower than of young tenants not having received the training (£650). A recent evaluation of The Money House reported that 100% of attendees were:
- Confident in dealing with the new social welfare changes.
- Confident in choosing financial products.
- Would refer a friend to the course.
Four years after launch, MyBnk has now taken over the running of The Money House. See more, here.